Welcome to the website of The Perchfishers, the only specialist group for the specimen perch angler
Who Are We?
The Perchfishers is a relatively small, friendly group of around 120 perch anglers and specimen hunters. Our aim is to further the knowledge of the perch as a species, including the methods and locations for its capture. The Perchfishers are successful in fishing for and landing many big perch, including some of the largest specimens recorded in the UK. We do this by the sharing of knowledge and by fishing in a true spirit of sportsmanship and friendship with all other members of The Perchfishers.
What's On This Website?
On this site you will find:
- Information about the Group, past and present
- The Group Constitution
- Details of the books published by the Group
- Information on the perch including reproduction, the perch disease and how to handle them
- Some photos of big perch caught by members
- Some free articles from Group members
- How to contact committee members
- Details of how to join
- And more!
A Few Words From Our President
“The Perchfishers is simply a friendly bunch of anglers that love perch fishing. One of my proudest moments in angling was when I was asked to be President of the Club. To be asked by your peers to take on such a role is special and suggests I’m doing something right!
To anyone thinking of joining The Perchfishers, you’ll find a warm welcome, and some experienced heads willing to exchange information and learn from each other. I look forward to my role in the Club and hope to catch a few monster perch along the way.
- 16th Nov 19 – River Great Ouse, Sharnbrook
- 30th Nov/1st Dec 19 – Horseshoe Lake
- 18th January 20 – River Thames
- Date 29th Feb 20 – River Great Ouse, Newton Blossomville
- Date tbc – Yorkshire canal
Perchfishers President Des Taylor with a fabulous looking perch caught from the Severn drop-shotting