Perchfishers membership details: the benefits, what is expected of members, the cost and how to join
Can I join?
Membership is open to anyone who is interested in perch fishing.
What does membership offer?
As with any group, members will find the more they put in, the more they get out. The obvious benefit is therefore to be part of a group of anglers with an interest in, or possibly an addiction to, fishing for perch. There are many other benefits (see centre column).
Setting off from the boathouse
at a Blenheim Palace fish-in
How much does membership cost?
Annual membership is just £30. Payment can be made by PayPal, electronic bank transfer or cheque.
What do I have to do as a member?
Members are asked to write a short introduction to themselves upon joining. This is published in a magazine or newsletter. Belonging to the group is all about contributing. This might be sharing information and advice on the forum, writing articles for the magazine, attending fish-ins, or all three and more. All members are required to report all perch over 2lb that they catch.
- Group magazine, ‘The Perchfisher’, twice a year.
- High quality Group newsletter (virtually the same quality as the magazine), twice a year.
- Group AGM which includes a talk, end of season awards, competitions and prizes, and sometimes a demonstration of a fishing technique and the opportunity to fish.
- Four or five Group fish-ins each year on waters, some of which usually have restricted access and/or at a reduced price.
- Access to The Member’s Area on this website (see below for more details).
- Regular discounts and offers from fishing tackle companies.
The Member’s Area
This includes access to:
- Exclusive Group news and events information
- The member’s forum
- Group fish catch records
- Past editions of ‘The Perchfisher’ (which can be purchased as a download for a small fee)
- Group merchandise (exclusive Group perch rods, badges, mugs, hats, clothing and more).
Can I get more information?
For more information, please drop the group’s secretary, Kevin Ball an email. His email address is on the About Us page of this website or simply click on his name below.
How do I join?
Firstly, you must complete and submit an application form. Click here to download the form. Please email your completed form to Kevin Ball. Your application will then be promptly considered by the committee. Kevin will let you know when your application has been approved and request payment. You can pay via PayPal, electronic bank transfer or cheque. Soon after your payment has been received, you will be sent your username and password to enable you to access the member’s area on the website.
To pay by PayPal please follow the instructions below:
Your membership application has to have been approved by The Perchfishers committee prior to you making this payment. Are you sure your membership has been approved? If you are sure, please tick the box and continue with your payment.